Monday, May 17, 2010

Ahhhh Spring

As far as I'm concerned, Spring and Fall are the best times to live in Utah. Despite the fact that our weather seems to have split personalities, it also gives us days like today. It's about 80, I'm wearing a dress and sandals, the motorcycles are out and it's cool enough that I can drive with my windows down because I want to, not because my air conditioner sucks. Granted there's a chance of snow later in the week (hence the split personalities) but for now it's gorgeous and I intend to enjoy it while I can.

This weekend was pretty fabulous, which is why I'm writing about it here. I swear I won't always be giving you freakish amounts of details on my every move. On Friday there was a very small and very fun jewelry party held at my house. Mica hosted for Caitie's business with Jewels by Park Lane. I myself hosted a party a few weeks ago and bought some fabulous rings and earrings


Saturday I took the blissful afternoon to just sit around; so other than giving Jackson a bath it was sooooo quiet and nice. I watched David Tennant in Hamlet and fell in love with him all over again. Mica and I went to Costa Vida and I had a freaking delicious burrito. The reason I'm mentioning this is because our lives are so busy that we actually had to schedule time just to go to what basically amounts to a fast food restaurant. We also drove out to BFE to go to Lollicup, a great little drink place where I got this amazing Coconut Bobo Slush.



I was also finally talked into watching Boondock Saints, and OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TO PEOPLE SOONER?!!!! Where was this movie all my life????? It was completely amazing and I must buy it as soon as possible. I also converted another Empire Records fan, which makes me freakishly happy since it's my favorite movie ever!

Sunday we saw Letters to Juliet, and as usual a chick flick didn't disappoint; even if while watching Sophie I would randomly get the urge to say "On Wednesdays we wear pink." :) All in all an excellent weekend which is hopefully the start of a wonderful Spring/Summer.

Song of the Moment: Hot Mess by Cobra Starship

No comments:

Post a Comment